Wooden Pallet Projects is now Upcycle This DIY That. New name but the same great content!
This post includes affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, I might get a small commission for it at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Upcycle This DIY That!
With the busiest holiday season around the corner, it’s the highest time to start on your gift shopping list if you haven’t already.
So if you have a DIY-er, an upcycler or just someone who just likes to improve things around their house among your family and friends make sure they’ll get the nicest, new shiny “toy” to play with for Christmas.
Remember also about the little things like clamps, sandpaper, drill bits, etc. because there is no such a thing as too many power tools or necessary accessories, believe me 🙂
I’m sure you’ll find something just right for you or your loved ones in this Christmas power tools gift ideas guide.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
Fantastic DIY Christmas Decorations Ideas and Projects
36 Fabulous DIY Christmas Gifts Ideas Everybody will Love
1. Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener
- Sharpen every knife you own like a pro quickly, easily and with repeatable, consistent results. Creates the sharpest blades you've ever had!
- Easily Replaceable Abrasive Grit Belts. Comes with premium abrasive belts to meet all your sharpening needs: Coarse (P80), Medium (P220) and Fine (6000). Abrasive belts won't burn or damage blade steel during sharpening.
- Precision sharpening guides provide fast, easy, repeatable and consistent results. Kitchen Knife guide sharpens blades to a 40° angle – Outdoor Knife Guide sharpens to a 50° angle.
- Can also be used to sharpen a wide range of bladed shop tools and lawn and garden tools such as Lawn Mower Blades, Garden Pruners, Shears, Shovels, Scrapers and more. Also makes the ideal hand held detail grinder
- 1-year warranty – warranty only valid for North American 110v power source applications. Use of power converters for 220V not recommended. Can be run with 12V power inverter (min. 150 watt) from car, truck, RV, boat, etc.
This is a great present for any DIY-er or homeowner. It will sharpen any type of knife from regular straight bladed ones, but thanks to flexible abrasive belts, also curved knives, filet blades, tanto knives, serrated knives, and gut hooks.
If you need your tools sharpened this will take care of it too! Scissors, axes, hatches, and shovels, so virtually any tool with a blade.
If you need your ceramic blades/knives sharpened just get a diamond belt set and you’re sorted.
It’s a great little tool with very positive reviews from over 5000 Amazon buyers.
2. Kreg Jig Master System with Pocket-Hole Screw Kit in 5 Sizes
This may not be a power tool but it’s definitely one that every woodworker whishes to have in their collection. This set is quite is a complete set with bonus accessories that will let you get started with Kreg joinery right away.
It’s a great set with drill guides that have hardened steel cores with a lifetime guarantee.
The bundle includes Kreg K4MS Jig Master System and SK03 Pocket-Hole Screw Kit in 5 Sizes, Removable drill guide for use with benchtop and portable bases, patented 3-hole drill guide allows you to make perfectly placed pocket-holes in a wide variety of material widths and thicknesses, 1/8-inch incremental settings for materials from 1/2-inch to 1-1/2-inch thick and Contains 675 of 5 most used screws.
On top of that, it connects to a dust extraction system for a mess-free workplace. With many great reviews, this tool is surely one gift to consider for Christmas this year.
3. BOSTITCH Air Compressor 3 Tool Combo kit
- SB-1850BN 18 GA brad nailer in the air compressor combo kit drives 18GA brad nails from 5/8-inch to 2-inch
- SB-1664FN 16 GA straight finish nailer drives 16 GA straight finish nails from 1-1/4-inch to 2-1/2-inch
- BTFP71875 heavy-duty 3/8-inch crown stapler drives 3/8-inch crown staples from 1/4-inch to 9/16-inch and 18GA brad nails from 1/2-inch to 5/8-inch
- 1/4-inch x 15' PVC air hose includes fittings
The DIY-er/woodworker you’re looking to get the present for is going to love you for it. Although it is not a professional-grade, this combo kit from Bostitch will let them install flooring (face nailing, edge-board nailing, and related trim work), outer trim on doors, upholstery, and any other type of projects.
This set includes 6 gals, 150 psi compressor that allows users to drive a large number of nails on a single tank charge. It’s got a long life, oil-free, maintenance-free pump for convenient use -great for beginners plus low noise for a quiet work environment.
It also includes a 16ga 1-1/4 in. to 2-1/2 in Straight Finish Nailer, 18ga 5/8 to 2-Inch Brad Nailer, Heavy Duty 3/8-Inch Crown Stapler and 25ft of 1/4-inch air hose with fittings included. So you’ll be able to do any interior and exterior finishing and trimming projects and a variety of crafts like furniture, cabinets, and staircases.
It’s a great value for money with amazing reviews that will make any woodworker’s life a lot easier and projects completed in no time. So make sure you save this one to your Christmas list.
4. DEWALT DWS716 dual-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
- Stainless steel miter detent plate with 14 positive stops delivers repeatable accuracy and worksite durability for the 12-inch miter saw blade
- Tall sliding fences of the mitre saw support crown molding up to 6-5/8-inch nested and base molding up to 6-1/2-inch vertically against fence
- Double-bevel design of DEWALT miter saw allows saw to bevel 0 degree - 48 degree to the left and right with positive stops at 0 degree, 22.5 degree, 33.9 degree, and 45 degree
- 0 degree - 50 degree left and right miter capacity
- Cam lock miter handle with detent override delivers quick and accurate miter angles
As I mentioned earlier when it comes to power tools and woodworking there is no such a thing as too many tools, especially when it comes to saws. Different types of saw, like a circular saw, table saw, and a jigsaw have different purposes and simply make your life and tasks easier.
Every self-respected woodworker/DIY-er would want one in their shop. So if you for a hunt have a look at this Dewalt model.
It has a powerful 15 Amp motor with 3800RPM and at the same time, it’s lightweight and portable thanks to a built-in carry handle. It’s especially important when the user works at different locations or just needs to move it around the house.
This saw is fully packed with great features like a tall sliding fence that supports crown molding up to 6-5/8″ nested and base molding up to 6-1/2″ vertically against the fence while easily sliding out of the way for bevel cuts.
The adjustable cam lock miter handle will let make quick and precise miter cuts and bevels to the left and right up to 48°, with positive stops at 0°, 33.9°, 45°, and 48° allowing users to flip the saw, not the material.
The safety features found in this saw are also worth mentioning as we all value our precious fingers very much. The blade is covered completely by a blade guard when raised and as you lower it, the guard lifts out of the way allowing you to make the cuts safely.
An interlocking trigger is another feature that has been fitted. It prevents the blade from starting unintentionally and possibly damaging the piece by making unwanted cuts.
This saw is a best seller in the miter saw category at Amazon at the moment and with over 6000 users reviews from which over 90% are 4 and 5-star ones why not go and check it out for yourself?
5. DeWalt 6 Gallon 4 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac
- Portable 6 Gallon wet/dry vac ideal for small clean-up jobs
- Powerful 4 peak horsepower motor provides just the amount of suction needed to most any cleanup job
- Ultra durable rubberized casters allow smooth swiveling for ease of movement
- 10' power cord with cord wrap helps reach almost any cleanup need. Ideal for smaller jobsite cleanups
- Built-in blower port powerful enough to blow sawdust and debri from most any workshop
If you’re looking for a present for a serious DIY-er this one definitely should make your list. No DIY-er/woodworker likes a messy shop and cleaning up saw/sand dust is not a task anyone is looking forward to.
It’s a versatile tool great for indoors as well as outdoors. Blowing leaves, clearing the deck, or cleaning up the shop are only some of the tasks you can use it for.
This vac has a powerful 4 peak HP motor that is ideal for small/medium cleanup jobs and can be easily used for dust collection when working with saws/sanders. It has a durable 6 Gallon collection tank and quickly converts to a blower for a yard, patio, or shop.
The large dust sealed on/off switch makes it easy to control and the top carry handle is great for balance. Over 17-foot cleaning reach with 7 ft. x 1-7/8-inch secure fit hose, 10 ft. cord, and 2 extension wands.
The great power and suction, as well as price, make it a very good value, and with over 1500 users’ reviews over at Amazon that 94% are 4 and 5-stars ones you should go and check it out yourself.
6. DEWALT DWE6421K Variable Speed Random Orbit Sander
- 3.0-amp motor of the orbital sander spins the pad at 12,000 OPM
- Shorter height of the hand sander allows the user to get closer to work piece
- Separate counterweight design reduces vibration for improved comfort of the electric sander
- Rubber over-mold in all of the critical areas of the sander
- Improved dust-sealed switch to protect against dust ingestion for longer switch life
Sanding is one of the jobs that are usually disliked and would preferably be avoided. But if you want to achieve a great, smooth result, it has to be done. So, if you know that someone would benefit from a quality sander that would make his/her life easier, take a look at this one.
3 Amp motor and speed of 12,000 OPM will let you achieve any of your desired results. The shorter height allows for better control, and separate counterbalance reduces vibrations.
This combined with the rubber over-mold in critical areas reduces user fatigue. The hand grip is not too big so would be comfortable even for small hands. Think about your lady woodworker here 🙂
Another good news is that the dust collection with the dust bag isn’t at all that bad, and the one-hand locking system keeps the bag in place, which is very handy. Great little random orbit sander that has an attractive price tag and many positive user reviews.
8. Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless 2-Piece Combo Kit
- Driver-drill weighs only 2.8 lbs. With battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 6-3/8" long
- Mechanical variable 2-speed transmission (0-500 and 0-1,700 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and driving applications
- Integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator allows user to monitor battery charge
- Provides up to 50% more run time per charge compared to BL1815
A power drill is a must-have for any DIY-er, homeowner or woodworking professional. With many types of power drills, you get a variety of applications.
This combo from Makita is an extremely compact, cordless 2 piece kit that includes a brushless 1/2″ driver-drill and a brushless impact driver, both with L.E.D. flashlight, charger, and two 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Compact batteries.
Both tools are light, small, and versatile. The drill-driver has a mechanical variable 2-speed transmission (0-500 and 0-1,700 RPM) for a wide range of drilling applications.
And the impact driver has variable speed (0-1,300/0-3,000 RPM & 0-1,600/0-3,900 IPM) and 1,240 in.lbs. of max torque.
These tools are powered by 18V LXT Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries with the fastest charging times in their categories, so you spend more time working and less time waiting for the batteries to charge. Fitted with brushless motors, battery energy use for up to 50% longer run-time per charge.
They are fitted with Star Protection Computer Controls that protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating so they will last you longer. And if you’re really busy I recommend buying spare ones so you always have them on hand, ready to use.
With many happy users leaving reviews on Amazon why not go and check them yourself to make sure you have a perfect gift.
Don’t forget about the little things that always come in handy when it comes to DIY/woodworking. I thought that you may like the stocking filler ideas.